If you are required to apply for a Licence with your Council, you will very likely need all of the below regardless in which part of London your property is:

  • room sizes (square metres) and property facilities

  • details about the property structure and safety equipment

  • name and addresses of persons and organisations with an interest in the property

  • payment card details

  • licence holder date of birth

  • sketch plan of the layout of each floor

  • electrical installation condition report (EICR)

  • gas safety certificate, from a registered gas safe engineer

  • BS test report for any fire alarm system (HMOs only)

  • BS test report for any emergency lighting system (HMOs only)

  • copies of tenancy agreements

For more information about Licence requirements in your Council you can visit

London Property Licensing website